Well i take electricity from MSEB. I have purcased a flat 2nd hand from one person but the meter is transferred 1 year earlier. For the last one year no electricity bill is send to me. I have paid all money for meter transfer. They have issued a firm quotation/demand note. But till now no bill is send to me. Now can i take up the matter directly with consumer court or consumer forum instead of electricity Ombudsman? What charges can I bring against MSEB? is it necessary to send Notice u/s 80 cpc? How can I send notice under section Notice u/s 80 cpc? Do I need a lawyer to prepare the notice?

If all the required formality for transfer of electricity meter are well completed by you, then submit a written complaint to concerned MSEB office that failing to transfer meter in your name you will be forced to move District Consumer Forum within 15 days.

Once 15 days done, no positive response from MSEB, simply prepare your application to District Consumer Forum in your area with all relevant records under Consumer Protection Act 1986 with (Amendment) Act, 2002. No need of any lawyer, if you can present your matter reasonably well with all relevant documents.

Your complaint should contain the following information:
• Your name, description and the address.
• The name, description and address of the opposite party i.e. MSEB
• The facts relating to complaint and when and where it arose. (it must be within 2 years of application to MSEB)
• Documents, if any, in support of the allegations contained in the complaint. (Copy of the Sale deed of the flat, receipt, correspondence / complaints made in writing).
• The relief (compensation) that you are seeking.

There should be 4 copies of the complaint on plain paper plus a copy each for the opposite party.

You will need to make an affidavit that whatever you are writing in your complaint is true.

There is nominal fees which you will need to pay at District consumer forum office.

Ibrahim Deshmukh
Legal Consultant
[email protected]