My father owns a farm land (sheti) in Mangaon for long time. The neighbor of our farm has sold his farm and the buyer is a govt worker (Railway Engineer) Now he has made a fencing to his farm land (sheti). My father is not able to go to his sheti easily due to this barbered wire fencing. Talathi, Tahsildar and Gram panchayat are not listening. Please advise. -- R. R.

Let his file complaint/case with the Tahsildar’s office. Under section 143 of the Maharashtra Land Revenue Code, 1966, he has right of way to his farm. Tahsildar shall pass an order granting Right of Way to your father to his farm.

Ibrahim Deshmukh
Legal Consultant
[email protected]