I lost my case in Arbitration Tribunal. Now, I want to take my case to a higher court, but my lawyer is telling me I will need to pay 18,000 Court fee first. Is there a way around this? -- Name withheld upon request

You may not need to pay this amount. Section 115 of the code of civil procedure Code 1908 provides an opportunity to the aggrieved litigant to file a Revision Application in the High Court. It empowers a High Court to entertain revision in any case decided by any court or Tribunal subordinate to it under the Revisional jurisdiction of the High Court.

The Court fees to file a Revision Application is only Rs. 50/=, however, there are certain pre-conditions which need to be met before a Revision Application can be filed.

Ibrahim Deshmukh
Legal Consultant
[email protected]