In our village one waqf plot is encroached and a new house is constructed on it. We as villagers are concerned as to how we can remove this encroacher from the wakf land? -- Anonymous, Osmanabad

As per the provision of Section 54 of Maharashtra State Waqf Act, 1995 the Chief Executive Officer of the Waqf Board is empowered to remove the encroachment from the Waqf property. Such removal is normally carried out with the help of State Government machinery. You need to send legal notice to the concerned authority.

Ibrahim Deshmukh
Legal Consultant
[email protected]